Home About Me My Classroom Freebies Products Email Me TeachersPayTeachers Instagram BlogLovin Image Map

Friday, October 31, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy!

Wheeeeew! It has been a busy couple of weeks! We've had parent conferences, Red Ribbon week, our second annual Trunk or Treat at school, and Halloween festivities! We've still been learning, I promise:). In fact, we just finished up our pumpkin unit today! This is one of my favorite units to teach. Who doesn't love pumpkins?

Here are a few of the things that have been keeping us busy in room 16!

I'm going to start with my favorite craftivity. I've been looking forward to blogging and sharing these pumpkins with you! I just love them! They are not your typical jack-o-lanterns. In fact, they are a combination of inspirations I got on Pinterest and Instagram. I love social media.
Aren't they awesome? I love them...and plan on keeping this bulletin board up throughout November!

We also had an afternoon of pumpkin investigations. 
Roasted pumpkin seeds were a new thing for most of my kiddos. They enjoyed them so much that I had parents ask for the recipe because the kids went home talking about them! 

We read about the lifecycle of a pumpkin...and wrote about it.

Of course, a craftivity:).

Next up...painting pumpkins! The kids REALLY enjoyed this. I wasn't brave enough to carve pumpkins; so painting was the next best thing. After looking at the pumpkins, I think the kids are picking up on my love for Pinterest. No jack-o-lantern faces in our room! I think they used our pumpkin craft as inspiration! They must enjoy our bulletin board as much as I do:). 

In honor of Halloween today, we turned math into a little "Franken-fun" with my Frankenstein themed math (and craft). Thank you Pinterest for the inspiration:). 


This year, we had our second annual Trunk-or-Treat at school. It was a huge success and a lot of fun! It also happened to fall on "Twin day," which was part of our Red Ribbon dress up days. My friend Jessica and I dressed up as Waldo! 

This Waldo started her morning off with a big cup of coffee:).

Here we are at our booth during Trunk or Treat! Aren't we just the cutest first grade teachers you've ever seen, haha?!

We had all these yummy goodies for sale!

One last item to share...

This year, I have my first ever parent volunteer that comes in every Monday morning. Yes, first ever!! She is awesome. She helps me prep these cutesy craftivities you see:). As a little thank you, I made this simple Halloween treat for her. A mini mason jar, chalkboard  tag, and some Reese's pieces! Simple & cute. 


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment